Manager - Behavioral Health Services, Full-time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Ben Gordon Center Job REQID 23239 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Manager, Behavioral Health Services reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of the Director of BHS, and with the cooperation of the Medical Directors, this position implements and supervises clinical and managerial aspects of all departments assigned, including, but not limited to: coordination of patient care, staff selection and development, operating standards and procedures, business operations and development, compliance and regulatory functions, and community development efforts.
- General Operations:
- Responsible for daily program operations in a manner that produces positive patient experience and outcomes.
- Leads by example and helps all employees make the connection between NM values and their daily work.
- Creates an environment of partnership, collaboration, seamless quality and service enhancement across teams, departments and divisions of the organization.
- Stays informed of current and emerging issues and trends for areas of accountability.
- Uses timely and effective communication methods to update staff on departmental and organizational priorities and progress.
- Creates a culture of respectful communication by listening, demonstrating approachability, and inclusion.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively across departments of the organization and community at large; within all levels of management; with patients, visitors, and other customers/guests.
- Clinical Operations:
- Provides clinical and operational leadership within their team and across BHS teams as needed. Shows proven ability to manage and improve care in other clinical areas of BHS as needed.
- When necessary, carries a patient caseload and conducts thorough assessments, treatment interventions and plans, uses strategies to establish rapport and work toward problem resolution through evidence-based strategies, facilitates group counseling, and provides education and counseling services to patients and families.
- Supervises individual and team meetings and multi-disciplinary staff meetings so that clinical/non-medical and medical information is integrated to bring about positive patient care.
- Reviews clinical documentation for accuracy in a timely manner and regularly reviews and oversees the team’s patient caseload.
- Identifies staff’s individual skills and interests; provides timely, positive, constructive feedback; addresses performance gaps as they occur with clear action plans and timelines for improvement.
- Business Operations:
- Responsible for oversight of multiple cost centers, including managing income and expense and, if applicable, other grant funding (e.g., local, state, federal)
- Responsible for tracking cost centers productivity and outcomes
- Practices fiscal accountability; identifies ideas for increasing efficiency, cost savings, and development.
- Identifies opportunities for new business growth and development, expansion of current services, etc.
- Measures and monitors budget and business development plans; provides ongoing updates to Director and staff.
- Achieves or exceeds budget and business growth and profitability targets.
- Compliance and Regulatory Oversight:
- Sets clear expectations for continuous quality and service improvement.
- Adherence to, and responsibility for, regulatory and accreditation BHS program standards for HOD, SUPR, TJC, Medicaid, and CMHC (as applicable).
- Accurately report in a timely manner all assigned grant performance measures and deliverables on a quarterly and monthly basis.
- Proficient in conducting basic clinical and utilization review of staff documentation to assure assessment and interventions meet all regulatory and accreditation care guidelines.
- NM System and Community Partnerships:
- Establishes and maintains collaborative partnerships within NM system and throughout the community
- Seeks to develop additional referral relationships within the NM system and community providers
- Master’s degree in Behavior Health or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) license.
- Five years of supervised clinical experience working in a behavioral health setting or other related field.
- Must be licensed to practice independently; LCPC, LCSW, LMFT, APN, BSN, or Clinical Psychologist.
- Ability to work evening and on-call as requested.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel to and from multiple work sites.
- Experience with EPIC (EMR)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Supervisory and/or management experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs