Manager, Behavioral Health Services Program - Kishwaukee Hospital, Full-time, DaysDeKalb, Illinois Job REQID 6194 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The BHS Program Managerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for behavioral health service delivery over assigned area(s) including staff selection and development, operating procedures and standards, and budgeting.
- Provides leadership and assists with development of the behavioral health service line for the health system.
- Oversee and supervise area(s) of responsibility and assigned staff.
- Assure the provision of competent and high-quality services.
- Develop program plans, including organization, planning and supervising of new program development, to assure efficient utilization of material and human resources, provision of safe and quality patient care, and excellent customer service.
- Work collaboratively with health system departments, external customers, and physicians to enhance the behavioral health service line, increase market share and meet the needs of the community; participate in activities to promote program services and the BHS industry.
- Develop a means of evaluating programs and services.
- Develop and assure implementation of procedures.
- Prepare written reports regarding problems, assets and general functioning of assigned areas(s) as requested.
- Provide direction, supervision and evaluation of program staff including helping staff to resolve problems.
- Establish staffing schedules.
- Assure efficient use of resources.
- Assist in developing departmental budget and monitoring expenditures against approved budget.
- Solicit and use feedback from peers, staff, and customers to improve effectiveness of communication.
- Is receptive and adapts to change, new ideas, and constructive criticism.
- Serve as a liaison to agencies and organizations including Hospital Emergency Rooms, City and County Police, Local Disaster Preparedness, State Attorneys Office, etc.
- Other responsibilities:
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain statistics and reporting.
- Maintain productivity.
- Maintain UM/UR compliance.
- Maintain documentation submission within 24 hours.
- Meet Agency clinical outcomes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree.
- Five years of behavioral health experience.
- Current license in behavioral healthcare field.
- Complete mandatory training and health system requirements.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work one night a week.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Ability to travel to and from multiple work sites.
- One year of leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Licensed to practice independently or RN license
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist, Grayslake, Full - Time Grayslake, Illinois
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs