Facilities Engineer I - Kish Maintenance & Engineering, Full-time, EveningsLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID 63346 Job Function Facilities/Maintenance Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Facilities Engineer I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Facilities Engineer I provides maintenance and repair on HVAC equipment for Northwestern Medicine off-campus medical and administrative buildings. This role is responsible for the day to day preventative maintenance and repair of diverse heating and cooling systems.
- Responds to service requests and performs problem assessment, troubleshooting, correction, and documentation.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and inspections in accordance with organizational and regulatory protocols, policies and standards.
- Operates facility equipment and systems on a routine, and as needed, basis in a safe and efficient manner.
- May assist contractors/vendors with repairs, maintenance and construction.
- Will also be responsible to assist the maintenance technicians when needed.
- The Engineering Staff are dispatched in company owned vehicles to perform services at buildings within our region.
Hours: 3pm - 11:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of relevant building maintenance and repair experience.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record and current auto insurance.
- EPA Universal Certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs