Director, Patient Care Services - Surgical Services and Interventional Labs - Full-Time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID 59681 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
*This positions scope includes: Preop, OR, PACU, Outpatient Surgery Center, GI Lab, Interventional and Cardiac Labs and Outpatient Infusion Center.*
The Director, Patient Care Services reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Director, Patient Care Services participates in the development of a strategic vision for Nursing; develops, implements, and promotes strategies for patient care delivery and hospital operations. This role collaborates with medical leadership partner(s) to advance quality strategies, ensure a professional work environment, facilitate timeliness of services, and enhance patient satisfaction.
The Director oversees the development of clinical and financial systems and nursing systems resources as well as the development and implementation of capacity expansion plans. Models effective leadership behaviors to achieve organizational outcomes. This role is a licensed Registered Nurse with eight to ten years nursing experience and demonstrated progressive responsibility in management/administration.
- Coordinates and integrates nursing resources and nursing systems.
- Provides information and assistance in developing and coordinating resources to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Recommends revisions to systems within Nursing Services to assure efficient operations.
- Coordinates with Nurse Operations Leaders and Central Staffing Office to assure effective operations and patient throughput across all departments.
- Develops, implements and promotes strategies for patient care delivery facilitating positive patient outcomes.
- Creates an atmosphere conducive to participative management that fosters autonomous practice and decision making within a climate of team building and group interaction.
- Models effective leadership behaviors and promotes professional practice in the delivery of patient care services.
- Supports the Directors to achieve organizational outcomes within a collaborative model.
- Directs the design of budget, information, and staffing systems to assure the integration of these processes in the development and monitoring of Nursing systems and operations.
- Provides information to and collaborates with the Directors in the development of unit budgets.
- Provides assistance in the development of reports to assist management in budget planning and analysis.
- Oversees staffing systems and supports to meet the needs of the organization.
- Directs staff in the design and implementation of transition planning to meet the needs of the organization.
- Oversees teams related to transition plan vision, strategy, programs and operations and systems.
- Assumes responsibility for the patient focused performance improvement process, engaging staff participation in multidisciplinary activities conducted for the purpose of improving the quality and reducing the cost of patient care.
- Collaborates with Directors to assure integrated programs within Nursing Services.
- Directs the development of programs to meet the goals of Patient Care.
- Identifies own learning needs and maintains professional and technical competence. Defines goals and pursues opportunities for professional growth. Progresses toward goal attainment.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations.
- Actively contributes to the overall direction of Nursing Services.
- Participates in the development of strategic and operational planning for Nursing Services in conjunction with the Chief Nurse Executive.
- Maintains effective communication systems with the Chief Nurse Executive and other Directors.
- Directs and/or participates in committees, teams, and projects as assigned by the Vice President.
- Enhances the image of nursing within the profession, organization and community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- 8 - 10 years nursing experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility in management.
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in Illinois.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree or related field.
- Board Certification in Nursing Administration from ANCC or AONE.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs