Director of Care Coordination, Full-time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID 21983 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Director, Care Coordination reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for Discharge Planning/Social Services Program, including referrals to all outside agencies.
- Oversees the hospital's Utilization Review (UR) and Social Services program under the UR Committee in an effort to provide safe, cost-efficient care in a changing financial environment.
- Responsible for referrals to social services as needed.
- Acts as the hospital and community resource person to help people in the KCH service area find appropriate services.
- Works with the hospital QA/Risk Management Department in matters concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with other hospital departments in the supervision of students and interns.
- Five years of experience in health care with at least two years in supervisory/management roles
- Experience in either discharge planning, utilization review, or related area
- Knowledge of home health and nursing home resources and practices
- Ability to communicate and work with community agencies
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in emergency situations
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Operating Room Nurse - CDH Ambulatory Surgery, Full-time, Days (M-F no holidays no weekends) Warrenville, Illinois
- Registered Nurse Hiring Blitz - Delnor, Central DuPage and Marianjoy Hospitals Geneva, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Part-time, Days (ED) Elgin, Illinois
- Masters Prepared Case Therapist I, Full-time- Days $1,000 Sign-on DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs