BHS Compliance Officer - Full-Time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Ben Gordon Center Job REQID 16127 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The BHS Compliance Officer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position oversees the compliance program, manages audits, objectively reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within assigned area(s), and ensures areas are in compliance with regulatory agencies and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Monitors and reports results of compliance/ethics efforts of assigned areas.
- Completes audits, reviews and investigations, reporting findings as appropriate. Document reviews, investigations and reports using standardized processes and storage formats.
- Assists with developing, reviewing, updating and implementing programs, policies, and/or actions to ensure an effective compliance program.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and develops action plans for resolution.
- Collaborates with other departments (Risk Management, Compliance, Human Resources, Business Office, Quality, etc.) to receive and direct compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution; Consults with attorney as needed.
- Maintains an effective compliance communication plan by promoting the ethics hotline, making employees aware of the Standards of Conduct, and spreading awareness of new and existing compliance issues, policies and/or procedures.
- Provides guidance to staff, leadership and Board of Directors on compliance matters, audits, and issues.
- Implements new procedures as directed.
- Prepares written reports regarding problems, assets and general functioning of assigned areas(s) as requested.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise of Rule 132, 2060 and other DHS grant programs.
- Trains staff on rules and compliance.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology
- Ten years of experience in health care, including experience in compliance and quality assurance
- Licensed to practice independently
- All NM, Ben Gordon Center (WR849) employees, at point of hire and annually, are required to have a valid State of Illinois driver’s license, current auto liability insurance, and an annual driving abstract.
- Leadership experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs