Behavioral Health IPS Employment Specialist – Full-time, days - $1,000 sign on bonusLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Ben Gordon Center Job REQID 32507 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Ben Gordon Center’s Employment Specialists implement the following model to help patients obtain and maintain competitive employment: Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is a model of supported employment for people with serious mental illness (e.g., Schizophrenia Spectrum disorders, Bipolar disorders, depression disorders, and more). IPS supported employment helps people living with behavioral health conditions work at regular jobs of their choosing. Although variations of supported employment exist, IPS refers to the evidence-based practice of supported employment. IPS is based on the following 8 principles: competitive employment, systematic job development, rapid job search, integrated services, benefits planning, zero exclusion, time unlimited supports, and worker preferences.
- Implements vocational assessments, job development skills, and follow along supports for consumers.
- Coordinates with local and state operated facilities to assist clients in obtaining employment (e.g. DRS, DHS).
- Screen and evaluate requests for service.
- Collect and report social history for assigned cases.
- Intervene, stabilize, and manage acute crisis situations.
- Assess and evaluate client needs, strengths, goals and resources.
- Develop individual plans with clients utilizing available assessment tools.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team in reviewing cases and developing individual plans.
- Implement individual plans through rehabilitation services such as case management, advocacy, outreach, skills training groups, social rehabilitation, community support and counseling.
- Provide linkage case management, participate in treatment planning and discharge planning.
- Consult with other center staff regarding problem assessment and treatment/intervention planning.
- Consult with other service agencies around case-specific and programmatic issues.
- Serve as a liaison to other agencies as needed (e.g. DRS, DHS)
- Train other providers and non-providers in areas relating to service specialties.
- Complete vocational assessments
- Provide job development training and follow along supports for consumers (e.g. completing a resume, contacting employers, interview skills)
- Engage in employer contacts in the community
- Provide services based on the 8 principles of IPS
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Health
- All NM Ben Gordon Center (WR849) employees, at point of hire and annually, are required to have a valid State of Illinois driver’s license, current auto liability insurance, and an annual driving abstract
- One year of experience interacting with clients in an outpatient setting
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Telemetry Monitor Technician- Central Telemetry, Full time, Day Shift Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician -Central Telemetry, Full time, Day Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician-Central Telemetry, Full time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Telemetry Monitor Technician- Central Telemetry- Full time, Day shift Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs