Community Support Team (CST) Behavioral Health Counselor - Adult Program Ben Gordon Center, Full-time, DaysDeKalb, Illinois Job REQID 2478 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Behavioral Health Counselor reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Behavioral Health Counselor delivers direct care to the psychiatric patient. This role effectively interacts with the patients and their support network, and with the treatment milieu to facilitate positive patient outcomes. He/she will perform these tasks in a fashion where he/she assures, embraces, and communicates the pledge, values and policies of Northwestern Medicine. The Peer Behavioral Health Counselor is an MHP who is or has been a recipient of mental health services for recovery or mental illness. They will be providing services as part of the Community Support Team (CST). As a member of a multidisciplinary team, this position assists in providing patient assessments and treatment as directed.
- Under supervision, provides supportive counseling, case management, and community support services.
- Assesses patient and patients family needs, develops treatment plans, provides and evaluates patient care, and assists with discharge planning.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- One year of experience interacting with clients for treatment of mental health
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel to and from multiple work sites and in the community on a daily basis.
- Pharmacy Technician, Part-Time/Casual, Rotating Huntley, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - Behavioral Health Practice, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
- Patient Services Rep - Behavioral Health Medical Group, McHenry, Part-time McHenry, Illinois
- Triage Nurse - Primary Care Crystal Lake, Full-time, Days Crystal Lake, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs