Behavioral Health Adult Case Manager/Counselor – Full-Time, $2,500 Sign on BonusLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Ben Gordon Center Job REQID 70763 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Behavioral Health Counselor reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Behavioral Health Counselor assists in providing patient assessments and treatment as directed. Under supervision, this role provides supportive counseling, case management, and community support services. The Counselor assesses patient and family needs, develops treatment plans, provides and evaluates patient care, and assists with discharge planning.
- Screen and evaluate requests for service
- Collect and report social history for assigned cases
- Intervene, stabilize, and manage acute crisis situations
- Assess and evaluate client needs, strengths, goals, and resources
- Develop individual plans with clients utilizing available assessment tools
- Work with an interdisciplinary team in reviewing cases and developing individual plans
- Implement individual plans through rehabilitation services such as case management, advocacy, outreach, skills training groups, social rehabilitation, community support, and support counseling
- Provide linkage case management, participate in treatment planning, and discharge planning
- Consult with other center staff regarding problem assessment and treatment/intervention planning
- Refer and link clients to other human services programs
- Serve a a liaison to other agencies as needed
- Train other providers and non-providers in areas relating to service specialties
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Health
- All NM Ben Gordon Center (WR849) employees, at the time of hire and annually, are required to have a valid State of Illinois driver's license, current auto liability insurance, and an annual driving abstract
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- One year of experience interacting with clients in an outpatient setting
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs