Radiographer - Immediate Care Center, Part Time, DaysLocation Deerfield, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 9723 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Part Time position at 24hrs per week located at the Deerfield Immediate Care Center.**
The Radiographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Radiographer is primarily responsible for performing general radiographic diagnostic imaging procedures to generate imaging information necessary for the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of outpatients. Services are to be provided in accordance with industry standards, organization standards and Department procedures and protocols.
- Receives, reviews and evaluates radiographic requisitions to determine the appropriate procedure, protocol and method of application that is needed in order to complete the x-ray exam.
- Provides quality patient care & customer service according to Foundation and department practices. Provide patient education through verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient’s anxiety and enhance their comfort zone and tolerance of the procedure. Care for the patient throughout the procedure according to department standards, including accompanying the patient to and from the x-ray exam rooms.
- Appropriately employs imaging systems, accessory devices and patient positioning techniques to generate general radiographic (stationary and mobile) images. Perform imaging procedures in accordance with safe radiation safety practices as determined by the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety and the NCR to limit radiation exposure to patient, self and other members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluates the completed images in comparison with industry standards (Merrill’s Atlas of Roentgenographic Positions) and take corrective action as needed. Provide x-ray images of optimum, quality with optimum productivity and customer service.
- Produces high quality radiographs in order to minimize patient radiation exposure through coning, the use of radiographic filters, as well as lead shielding devices. Quality control and the occurrence of repeat x-rays is the desired goal of the Radiographer. Collect and record data as identified by the department as support documentation to support the measurement and tracing components of quality management.
- Completes and/or verifies the accounting and billing information section of the charge voucher, including department, billing area, location, provider, etc. in order to ensure accurate billing for radiographic services.
- Reports incidences of equipment problems, failure, irregularities in equipment performance and equipment disrepair to management and vendor personnel as soon as possible.
- Assists with the performance of clerical functions within the department including but not limited to: filing and pulling of films for upcoming clinic sessions, pick up of films at NMH, set up and removal of films for reading to the alternator, purging of old records, monitor inventory and order stock, as needed.
- Associate's degree or above
- Certification as IDNS licensed and ARRT registered
- Zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience in radiology
- Bachelor’s degree
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs