Patient Service Rep - Immediate Care McHenry/Crystal Lake/Huntley, Casual, 8am to 8pmLocation Crystal Lake, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 61480 Job Function Customer Service Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Service Repreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position will have comprehensive knowledge of CPG patients' needs and will work in partnership with the physicians and clinical staff to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of care. This role will field patient phone calls, work toward resolving problems and update all demographic and insurance information. This position performs scheduling, medical record documentation and clerical functions in an accurate and timely manner, delivering the highest level of customer service over the phone and in person.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
- Ability to type 35-40 wpm
- Minimum one year of medical office experience
- Previous experience with health insurance paid billing
- Second language proficiency
- ICD9 and CPT knowledge
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs