Wait Staff Associate, Dining on Call, Part-time, EveningsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 56651 Job Function Food Services Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Wait Staff Associate reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Wait Staff Associate supports the Department of Food & Nutrition by delivering and retrieving patient trays within a room service model. This individual is responsible for timeliness and the safe food handling of trays and items to designated patient care areas. This position supports room service model as necessary to include but not limited to delivery, retrieval, assembly and service of trays to our patients. The Wait Staff Associate is expected to adhere to and practice guidelines in regards to Best Patient Experience Philosophy
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions such as policies and procedures
- Performs a variety of work and follows procedures consisting of several steps or that require judgment in completing a sequence of tasks
- Must be able to read and comprehend tray tickets
- Must be knowledgeable of diet restrictions and comfortably answer questions
- Must display a “Can-Do” - Service mindset
- Serves and retrieves patient and gust trays from patient rooms in a courteous and professional manner
- Notifies Expeditors/Nutrition Operator of any food issues so that meal can be completed/modified appropriately
- Accurately delivers trays to patients and visitors according to established procedures
- Retrieves trays within one hour of service
- Conducts Satisfaction checks with Patients
- Observes HIPAA and Patient Identification guidelines
- Must be able to work safely; moving carts, observing Security procedures, proper utilization of elevator
- Cleans and sanitizes delivery and retrieval carts daily
- Maintains soiled tray carts as designated on patient care floors
- May operate equipment with dishwashing area to include proper set up, break down, deliming, temperature logs and sanitation of area
- Adheres to diet and allergy restrictions for patient food orders
- Performs assigned tasks efficiently during meal service to maintain accurate and expeditious service.
- Must be proficient in delivery of multiple orders
- Follows established food-handling practices to maintain food safety standards and comply with infection control procedures
- Delivers floor stock daily according to pars
- Rotates floor stock according to food safety procedures
- Documents refrigeration temperatures daily in patient pantries that contain floor stock
- Maintains galleys in safe, clean and safe manner
- Operates equipment properly, safely and efficiently according to established procedures
- Reports all damaged and unsafe equipment to management
- Completes all assigned cleaning by end of each work shift to include but not limited to detailed cleaning
- Cleans assigned areas and equipment according to standards and utilization of proper cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains work area in clean and orderly manner.
- Completes routine projects or detail cleaning duties as assigned.
- Attends department in-services and meetings
- Completes Hospital required training and surveys
- May assist in tray assembly and must follow established procedures
- May assist in Dishroom as needed
- Follow established break schedule unless otherwise directed by manager
- Maintains supplies and equipment to ensure efficiency, including portioning, dating, and storage of food
- Maintains established levels of supplies for work area
- Notifies management of workload status and availability for additional assignments or need of additional assistance
- Assists in the orientation of new employees in the department by demonstrating basic duties of job
- Responds to management requests in a positive and timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two years of service experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintains positive and friendly manner during peak service times with focus on timeliness, accuracy and excellent service
- High School Graduate or GED
- Food Handling Certification Health Department – City of Chicago
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs