Wait Staff Associate - Dining on Call, Part-time, EveningsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 19108 Job Function Food Services Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Hours: 24 hours per week
- Shift: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM, rotating weekends
- Location: Prentice, FL BS
The Wait Staff Associate reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Supports Department of Food & Nutrition by delivering and retrieving patient trays within a room service model. Responsible for timeliness and the safe food handling of trays and items to designated patient care areas.
- Supports room service model as necessary to include but not limited to delivery, retrieval, assembly and service of trays to our patients.
- Retrieves trays within one hour of service.
- Conducts Satisfaction checks with Patients.
- Cleans and sanitizes delivery and retrieval carts daily.
- Maintains soiled tray carts as designated on patient care floors.
- May operate equipment with dish washing area to include proper set up, break down, deliming, temperature logs and sanitation of area.
- Adheres to diet and allergy restrictions for patient food orders.
- Must be proficient in delivery of multiple orders. F
- Delivers floor stock daily according to pars.
- Rotates floor stock according to food safety procedures.
- Documents refrigeration temperatures daily in patient pantries that contain floor stock.
- Operates equipment properly, safely and efficiently according to established procedures.
- Reports all damaged and unsafe equipment to management.
- Completes all assigned cleaning by end of each work shift to include but not limited to detailed cleaning.
- Cleans assigned areas and equipment according to standards and utilization of proper cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains work area in clean and orderly manner.
- Completes routine projects or detail cleaning duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED and two years service experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintains a positive and friendly manner during peak service times with focus on timeliness, accuracy and excellent service.
- Food Handling Certification Health Department for the City of Chicago.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Respiratory Care Assistant- Delnor Respiratory Care, Casual, Rotating Shifts Geneva, Illinois
- OB RN - Full-Time, Day Shift DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Physical Therapist- Full Time, Weekdays & Saturday Morning Shift Bartlett, Illinois
- Registered Nurse, Day Surgery, Part-Time DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs