Valve Nurse Coordinator - Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute Central ServicesLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 26301 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Valve Nurse Coordinatorreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Review new and return valve clinic patients records and create and STS score.
- Prep patient charts and participate in direct patient care during valve clinic.
- Coordinates patient care as well as of weekly meetings and presentations.
- Collaborates with physicians to plan, develop and implement the decisions made by the Valve Heart Team.
- Develops updates and implements clinical standards of patient care and policies/procedures for clinical operations.
- Collaborates with referring cardiologists/physicians during the patient screening process.
- Acts as the central point of contact for the patients, families and referring providers after the patients first time in valve clinic and pre/post procedure if necessary.
- Coordinates the comprehensive care of the patient pre- and post-procedure, including long-term follow up.
- Supports care conferences with the multi-disciplinary staff during the screening process and promotes a team approach to the patient program.
- Educates the patients and families about upcoming procedures and provides ongoing education to other staff members.
- Ensures clinical practice and patient care are consistent with policies and procedures.
- Works closely with research coordinators to make sure accurate information is entered into the Valve Therapy (TVT) Registry.
- Coordinates optimal patient and family experiences from diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and follow-up for this patient population within the system.
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Current BLS certification.
- BSN (Minimum two years clinical experience in cardiology).
- Cardiac-Vascular Nursing Certification from the American Nursing Credentialing Center.
- Clinical experience in Interventional Valve (TAVR, Mitraclip, etc.)
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Emergency Dept Tech - Woodstock ED, Full Time, NIghts Woodstock, Illinois
- 2022 Job Fair for Hospitality & Sterilizing Tech's - Central DuPage Hospital, offering Sign-On Bonuses Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - RMG Primary Care- Full-time, Days Orland Park, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs