User Experience DesignerLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 33412 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The User Experience Designer, Information Services reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The User Experience Designer is responsible for supporting the Information Services team in prototyping, wireframes, flowcharts, storyboards, sketches, site maps and user testing.
- Support NM healthcare departments and Information Services in developing easy-to-use digital products
- Demonstrate awareness of business goals while striving for a highly usable and engaging end-to-end user experience
- Implement best practices for user experience design, leveraging industry standards
- Assist with designing user experience ideas into practical, workable, testable concepts. Translate those concepts into recommendations that achieve simplicity, despite the inherent complexity of processes being supported
- Assist with the translation of broad business requirements into detailed UI specifications, using a variety of tools and documents, including sitemaps, paper prototypes or wireframes, user interfaces, screen mock-ups and style guidelines
- Assist with collaborating on documentation of user types, scenarios and tasks, as well as conceptual models and process flows
- Engage with a cross-functional team including project managers, designers, content specialists, site developers and IT leads to produce final screen designs and user interface specifications
- Assist with the review final implementation of UI projects to ensure proper execution of the user experience and compliance with the specifications.
- Participate in testing, analysis, and synthesis of findings as appropriate. May include usability testing, stakeholder interviews, market research and web analytics
- Stay current on emerging industry trends and the competitive landscape
- Contribute to UAT process for all new site enhancements with Digital and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- 2 or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, and web design
- Experience with creating complex, user-centric websites
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on both work practices and the feasibility of solutions
- Emerging project management skills including: scope definition, deadlines, stakeholder management and corporate accountability
- Experience with the user-centered design (UCD) process and experience in designing transactional applications
- Base understanding of information architecture, mastery of user interface design and strong visual design sensibility
- Demonstrated ability to create and leverage requirements assets such as: use cases, wireframes, prototypes and presentations
- Proficiency in industry tools, such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, Zeplin, Sketch, Azure, etc…
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience within Healthcare, major consumer brand or large corporate environment
- Experience in or knowledge of website development or coding
- Experience working with mobile devices and technologies, including: iOS, Android
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Immediate Care Physician - South Suburbs (Orland Park) Orland Park, Illinois
- Endoscopy Tech- Full Time, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist- Part Time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist- Casual, Rotating Shifts Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs