Undergraduate Intern - Pre-Physician Assistant (Summer 2021)Chicago, Illinois Job REQID REF13069H Job Function Intern Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Northwestern Medicine Pre-Physician Assistant Undergraduate Internship offers a valuable opportunity for undergraduate students interested in the Physician Assistant career trek to become immersed in the healthcare environment through project work and observation. This paid summer program based on Northwestern Medicine’s downtown campus provides students with an opportunity to be placed within a department to gain exposure to see what it’s like to work in a healthcare setting. This internship culminates in a poster presentation with senior leadership.
The Physician Assistant Undergraduate Intern’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uphold the mission, vision and values of Northwestern Medicine which include Patients First, Excellence, Teamwork, & Integrity.
- Develop a working knowledge of healthcare operations.
- Develop working relationships with staff, leadership, physician assistants, and physicians.
- Participation in activities designed for development of interns during their assignment at Northwestern Medicine; which include:
- New Employee Orientation
- Project assignment(s)
- Networking opportunities, including luncheons with other interns and leadership
- Weekly clinical rotations
- Skill development workshops
- Final poster presentation
Program Dates & Schedule:
Application Due Date: January 15, 2021
Start Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2021
End Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Hours: Interns must be available to work Monday through Thursday during standard business hours. Depending on the clinical rotation schedule or project assignments, hours may occasionally vary.
- Candidates must have a High School Diploma or the General Equivalent.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate university with the intent to enroll in a physician assistant program. Recent graduates with the intent to enroll in physician assistant school will be considered on a case by case basis.
- We are seeking students who demonstrate high academic performance, maturity, professionalism, initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate with others.
Required Documentation for Application Submission to be Uploaded
- Transcripts (unofficial or official accepted)
- One page statement addressing the following:
- Describe why you have an interest in a career as a physician assistant.
- Describe an obstacle you’ve faced when working towards your academic, career, or personal goals and how you’ve worked to overcome it.
- Describe the lessons you’ve learned through those experiences and how they will help you be successful in your career as a physician assistant.
* Please note that you can submit your attachments after you apply, up until January 15, 2021. When you apply, you will receive an automated email to set up an account. Once your account is set up, you can log back into your application and submit attachments.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs