Undergraduate Administrative InternLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID REF37571L Job Function Intern Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Undergraduate Intern reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The intern will respond to the need for well‐designed clinical trials in maternal‐fetal medicine, the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) established the MFMU in 1986 to bring together top clinical centers and a data coordinating center to participate collaboratively in common protocols to conduct clinical trials. The MFMU focuses on clinical questions in maternal-fetal medicine and obstetrics, particularly with respect to the continuing problem of preterm birth. The MFMU is considered the most prestigious obstetric research network in the United States, and Northwestern has been a member since 2001.
The major aims of the MFMU Network are to:
‐ Reduce the rates of preterm birth, fetal growth abnormalities, newborn morbidity, and maternal complications of pregnancy
‐ Evaluate maternal and fetal interventions for efficacy, safety, and cost‐effectiveness
Results from the MFMU Network studies have impacted clinical practice, both by finding treatments that prevent poor pregnancy outcomes and by stopping ineffective, costly, and potentially harmful therapies. In order to achieve these aims, the Network also incorporates translational research, genetic analysis, and the evaluation of new technologies in the promotion of maternal‐child health and prevention of disease.
- The Undergraduate Intern's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Uphold the mission, standards and values of NMH.
- Successfully complete projects and work tasks as assigned.
- Develop a working knowledge of hospital operations to a degree that allows successful completion of projects supporting a variety of hospital operations.
- Develop working relationships with staff and management that allows for successful business interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Participation in activities designed for development of interns during their assignment at NMH.
- Full communication with department managers and staff in order to successfully transition work at close of internship.
- Additional duties, responsibilities and tasks will be outlined in an appended document to meet the needs of the individual and organization in each internship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Completion of at least the sophomore year of study.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs