Ultrasound Sonographer, Full-time, Nights - $8,000 Sign On BonusLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 61934 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Night Job (3rd) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 34.28 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
This position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-On Bonus
The Sonographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Programs, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Sonographer performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures according to industry standards, along with department policies and procedures.
- Evaluates the request for diagnostic ultrasound services and assesses the patient to determine the appropriate procedure protocol and methods of application.
- Utilize equipment and accessories, employ techniques and procedures, perform services in accordance with an accepted standard of practice to generate ultrasound images and demonstrates expertise in limiting the exposure to the patient.
- Provides patient education in the form of written material and/or verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient’s anxiety and enhance his/her comfort zone with respect to tolerance of the procedure.
- The Sonographer acts as an agent through observation and communication to obtain pertinent information for the physician to aid the diagnosis and treatment management of the patient.
- Responsible for set-up and sterile tray preparation, including procedure specific needs, medications, guide wires, catheters, and other ancillary equipment.
- Responsible for instruction and clinical supervision of students enrolled in an approved ultrasound program.
- Cares for the patient throughout the procedure according to department and hospital standards of patient care, age-specific sensitivities, and “patients first” guidelines. Participates in lifting and transporting patients to and from imaging devices.
- Documents imaging procedures manually and/or electronically to insure correct charging, and patient and film file tracking.
- Sends acquired images to PACS system correctly using the appropriate accession numbers for future retrieval by medical staff.
- Monitors stock of supplies in imagining rooms to assure their regular availability by timely reordering, rotation of dated items, and by maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
- Reports incidences of equipment failure, irregularities in equipment performance, and equipment in disrepair to supervisor as soon as possible.
- College based two year training program with Clinical education in a accredited health care setting
- Technical competency in General Abdominal/Small Parts scanning, Abdominal Doppler, and general Gynecological scanning
- Graduation from an accredited program in Ultrasound
- ARDMS certification – ARDMS (AB) or ARDMS (OB)
- CPR Certification (BLS) through the American Heart Association
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs