Ultrasonographer - Reproductive Endo Infertility Clinic, Part -Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 9709 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Ultrasonographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Ultrasonographer supports the physician by performing technically expert diagnostic ultrasound and related procedures to aid in the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and follow-up of patients with various health conditions. This position must consistently demonstrate concern and understanding of the patient to reduce anxiety and to promote comfort and tolerance of the procedure.
- Assesses the patient, evaluates the request for diagnostic ultrasound services, and determines appropriate method of application.
- Prepares appropriate equipment/accessories, completes sterile tray preparation, positions the patient, and performs ultrasound and related procedures.
- Lifts and transports patients to and from imaging devices.
- Provides patient education before, during, and after procedure.
- Observes the patient and communicates pertinent information to the physician.
- Generates patient reports, sends acquired images electronically for accession/retrieval.
- Ensures the continuity of care through effective interactions with other departments.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, troubleshoots malfunctions, and promptly reports deficiencies to management.
- Monitors supply stock to ensure adequate reserve.
- Collects data to measure and track quality management
- Supports department initiatives (formal/informal process improvement, problem solving).
- Instructs and provides clinical guidance to students
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Addendum 1 NMG Ophthalmology Responsibilities:
- Interviews patients and documents histories.
- Performs ophthalmic imaging, (OCT, Fundus Photos, Fluorescein Angiography, Slit Lamp photography).
- Communicates with patients (follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.), returns phone calls (patients, pharmacies).
- Maintains and cleans equipment, reports equipment deficiencies to management.
- Maintain supplies and stocks space.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification.
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
- Diploma or certificate of completion from an accredited medical sonography program.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a relevant role.
- Technical competency in relevant specialty.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree.
- Three or more years experience.
- Additional certification relevant to specialty area.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs