Transplant Nurse Coordinator Solid Organ Transplant Full Time DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 119993 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $38.00 + per hour.
The Transplant Nurse Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Transplant Nurse Coordinator is a Registered Nurse with experience in and knowledge of stem cell or organ transplantation and donation. Practicing under the supervision of transplant physicians, the Transplant Nurse Coordinator provides coordination through all phases of patient care. This position makes referrals to external clinicians or treatment programs or other community resources as appropriate and in accordance with established departmental protocols. Job duties may vary by specific department or assignment.
- Responsible for planning, directing, providing and documenting appropriate care for patients in the designated care setting
- Assists in coordinating comprehensive care for patients, including assisting with the consent process, data collection and arranging any required follow-up visits, referrals, testing, treatment, and/or long-term follow-up
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to coordinate on-going care, focused on cost-effective ways to maximize wellness and enhance patients’ lives
- Develops, coordinates, and provides education for patients, family, caregivers, and staff based on personalized needs along with serving as a resource for ongoing education
- Serves as a communication link between the patient, family, caregivers, interdisciplinary team, and outside hospitals/agencies
- Contributes to department, hospital, or other professional committees and/or quality or process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures clinical practice and patient care is consistent with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Illinois
- CPR-Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum 2-3 years of recent & related clinical experience
- Specialty certification in the clinical area of focus
- Previous transplant or organ specific experience (i.e. hepatology, nephrology, hematologic malignancies, hematopoietic stem cell transplant, cellular therapies)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs