Technical Analyst - ServiceNow, Full time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 10805 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Technical Analyst - ServiceNow reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Technical Analyst - ServiceNowis expected to will provide administration, application development, maintenance, and technical support utilizing the ServiceNow platform. Daily tasks will be a combination of project work and operational support work. This will include processing service requests, troubleshooting customer requirements, providing escalation support, problem resolution, project leadership, and technical expertise
The Technical Analyst - ServiceNow is responsible for keeping their assigned or designated application systems and their associated software fully operational and well integrated into NMHC information technology environment. This position also works with Technical Analysts and IS Team/Project Leads to monitor analyze and plan upgrades, as necessary, to ensure adequate functionality and stability to meet the user needs.
- Maintain ServiceNow environment, including timely patching, cloning and upgrades
- Monitor the health and usage of the ServiceNow environment
- Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow system, including making approved changes to process and workflows in ITSM, ITBM, ITOM and HR modules
- Design and implementing test suites and scripts utilizing ServiceNow’s Automated Test Framework (ATF)
- Create and modify catalog items, portals, workflows, flow designer, and other ServiceNow development functions
- Triage and support issues from users on the ServiceNow platform and related applications and modules
- Document and annotate scripts, process flows, update sets, and other workflows associated with ServiceNow development
- Develop reports and dashboards to meet the needs of the business. Including the use of Performance Analytics.
- Provide analysis of problems while working toward solutions to technical issues
- Develops proficient competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Provides guidance and support for computing platforms and systems integration
- Actively participates in on-going processes to integrate end users requests with software functionality
- Contributes to analysis and recommendations relating to performance and/or capacity of systems to ensure reliability for current and/or future use
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and resolution, with vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMHC distributed systems IT environment
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, etc.)
- Works effectively in supporting the technical teams and customers with project and support activities. Actively participates and communicates with the project teams. Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the teams goals and objectives
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of IT solutions
- Proficient in all written communication, both internally and externally.
- Determines strategy and supports system-to-network connectivity and interfacing to assure stable integration of the NMHC distributed system IT environment.
- Reviews technology projects, analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, and writes technical specifications and implements system and system changes to address changing application requirements.
- Assists with projects in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of application software code. This could include preparing time estimates for project activities and helping develop project timelines, monitoring performance, and reporting progress toward project milestones
- Analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, writes technical specifications and implements systems and system changes to address changing application requirements
- Provides support including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards
Personal and Staff Development
- Leads on-going process to integrate vendor, manufacturer and point-expertise technical knowledge into NMHC.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Associate Analyst, as well as members of the application teams
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others
- Shifts among different support and project roles as required by situation
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository
- Providing on-call support is required
- 3+ years of technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 3+ years using ServiceNow
- 3+ years experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
- Bachelor's degree in related field (or equivalent experience)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs