Technical Analyst - IT Service Management, Full time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 8620 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Technical Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Technical Analyst is responsible for keeping their assigned or designated application systems and their associated software fully operational and well integrated into NMHC information technology environment. This position also works with Technical Analysts and IS Team/Project Leads to monitor analyze and plan upgrades, as necessary, to ensure adequate functionality and stability to meet the user needs.
Seeking an Technical Analyst - IT Service Management to manage Incident, Major Incident, Change Management, Configuration Management and Problem Management. Will perform as primary or backup capacity to deliver Major Incident restoration activities, facilitate technical/management bridges and Post Incident Review meetings, facilitate and maintain problem records for root cause analysis activities, facilitate weekly Problem Advisory Board meeting, review change requests, manage change calendar, and additionally facilitate weekly Change Advisory Board meetings.
Specific Responsibilities for IT Service Management - Technical Analyst:
- Participate and manage incidents during business hours; will require after-hours on-call support as needed basis
- Perform Incident Management responsibilities which includes preparing and sending outage notifications, coordinating resources to resolve active Major Incidents
- Facilitate the Change Advisory Board, perform RFC quality reviews and post implementation review of changes. Oversees the effectiveness of Change Control review board(s) integration and performance
- Review and approve emergency changes
- Facilitates problem resolution meetings across organizations providing analysis and recommendations throughout the lifecycle of the process complex issues.
- Ensures that root cause and trend analysis is determined; provides reports on root cause and trend analysis in a timely manner.
- Identify and track CIs, business services implementing change control and account for discovered/manual CIs
- Sanitize the data sources feeding the CMDB
- Perform day-to-day responsibilities within the CMDB, using Integrations, discovery and other data sources to maintain the CMDB
- Drive and maintain the completeness of CMDB data and provide measures to validate and carry out data accuracy throughout the CMDB
- Perform audits and resolve data integrity issues
- Provide ad-hoc reporting against CMDB data as the need arises by partners
- Create and analyze process metrics/KPI reports and dashboards
- Ensure proper usage of incident, major incident, problem and change management systems and processes
- Perform periodic audits on completed incident, outage, problem investigations and change management records
- Identify, recommend and implement process/tool improvements as part of overall process maturity
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Develops proficient competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Provides guidance and support for computing platforms and systems integration
- Actively participates in on-going processes to integrate end users requests with software functionality
- Contributes to analysis and recommendations relating to performance and/or capacity of systems to ensure reliability for current and/or future use
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and resolution, with vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMHC distributed systems IT environment
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, etc.)
- Works effectively in supporting the technical teams and customers with project and support activities. Actively participates and communicates with the project teams. Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the teams goals and objectives
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of IT solutions
- Assists with projects in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of application software code. This could include preparing time estimates for project activities and helping develop project timelines, monitoring performance, and reporting progress toward project milestones
- Analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, writes technical specifications and implements systems and system changes to address changing application requirements
- Provides support including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards
Personal and Staff Development
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Associate Analyst, as well as members of the application teams
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others
- Shifts among different support and project roles as required by situation
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository
- Providing on-call support is required
- 3+ years of technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 3+ years experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
- Bachelor's degree in related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in a fast paced, 24x7 health care environment
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow platform and one or more of the following processes: Incident, Major Incident, Request, Configuration, Change and Problem Management.
- Working knowledge of Solarwinds platform
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs