Systems Engineer Associate - Clinical/Device Infrastructure, Full time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 10771 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Systems Engineer Associate reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Systems Engineer Associate is responsible for keeping the hardware systems, their associated operating systems, and connectivity capabilities fully operational and well integrated into NMHC information technology environment. This position also monitors, analyzes and plans upgrades, as necessary, to ensure adequate capacity and availability to meet the user needs.
- General Technical Skills:
- Develops solid technical competence for assigned services and systems while learning the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems.
- Provides technical guidance and support for computing systems and systems integration.
- Contributes to analysis and recommendations relating to performance and/or capacity of systems to ensure systems reliability for current and/or future use.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMHC IT server/distributed systems.
- Develops diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and solution, including vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMHC server/distributed system IT environment.
- Customer Service:
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers.
- Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, etc.).
- Works effectively in supporting the application teams with project and support activities.
- Actively participates and communications with the project teams.
- Assists in the delivery of effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the teams goals and objectives.
- Develops an understanding of the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communication Skills:
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Supports system-to-network connectivity and interfacing to assure stable integration of the NMHC distributed system IT environment.
- Gathers business requirements, writes technical specifications and implements system and system changes to address changing application requirements.
- Provides technical leadership including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards.
- Understands and enforces standards, policies and procedures for local area networks.
- Participates in long and short-range technology planning.
- Personal and Staff Development:
- Contributes to on-going process tointegrate vendor, manufacturer and point-expertise technical knowledge into NMHC.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Acts as a resource for others on the immediate team, as well as members of the application teams.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts easily among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository.
- Additional Functions:
- Providing on-call support is required.
- 1+ years technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 1+ years of experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs