Student Nurse Internship Program - Summer 2021Chicago, Illinois Job REQID REF13097B Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Northwestern MedicineStudent Nurse Internship (SNI) presents a valuable opportunity for nursing students to partner with a nurse preceptor to develop critical thinking skills and to develop a smooth transition in clinical practice upon graduation.
The SNI program is an 8-week paid summer internship at Northwestern Medicine’s downtown campus. This program provides nursing students entering their first or second semester of their senior year a chance to be part of our Interprofessional Relationship-Based Care Practice Model in which we integrate our NM Values of Patient First, Excellence, Integrity & Teamwork. It gives Caregivers and Care Partners the opportunity to create & nurture relationships with patients, family, community, colleagues and self. This is accomplished through a caring and healing environment, teamwork within a professional practice environment, striving for ultimate patient safety and quality outcomes and Interprofessional collaboration in both Patient Care and Clinical Research.
The Student Nurse Intern’s (SNI) responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uphold the mission, vision and values of Northwestern Medicine which include Patients First, Excellence, Teamwork, & Integrity.
- Mandatory attendance at the SNI and hospital orientation. The SNIs are also required to attend classroom learning sessions typically scheduled every Wednesday during the program.
- Opportunity to attend Nursing Grand Rounds and/or Schwartz Center Rounds.
- Weekly journaling submitted to Clinical Educator.
- Successful Student Nurse Interns will receive an employment offer at the conclusion of their 8-week internship.
Program Dates (mandatory full-time 8 week commitment):
Application Due Date: January 15, 2021
Start Date: June 2, 2021
End Date: July 28, 2021
Your hours will be scheduled with your Patient Care Manager and aligned with your assigned preceptor, which may include:
- Day Shift
- 8 or 12 hour shifts
- Some Weekend shifts
- No holidays or overtime
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not done a previous clinical rotation at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
- Units participating in the 2020 SNI program are as follows:
- Emergency Department
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Labor & Delivery
- Operating Room
- Currently enrolled in an accredited professional BSN nursing program and entering their senior year of college.
- Students must graduate no later than June of the calendar year following completion of the SNI program. In addition, they must have completed at least one medical surgical clinical rotation and be between the junior and senior level in the nursing curriculum.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Provider certification is required.
Required Documentation for Application Submission to be Uploaded
- A letter of recommendation from a clinical faculty member
- *Documentation of enrollment may be requested closer to the start of the program, if an offer is extended
* Please note, to be considered for this role, you must submit all attachments WITHIN 72 HOURS after you apply. When you apply, you will receive an automated email to set up an account. Once your account is set up, you can log back into your application and submit attachments. If you have any issues with uploading, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs