Strategic Sourcing Manager, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 10108 Job Function Management-Facilities/Support Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Strategic Sourcing Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Consults with end users throughout NMHC in identifying, analyzing and facilitating implementation of expense reduction initiatives tied to medical and surgical products, equipment and services.
- Includes communications with vendors, end users, physicians, management and third party partners.
- Facilitates the procurement of medical/surgical products, equipment and services for NMHC in collaboration with end users, NMHC Contracting Services, NMHC Purchasing Services, Inventory and Logistics and third party vendors.
- Responsible for negotiation of key business terms related to savings initiatives, ongoing portfolio maintenance and contract arrangements.
- Supports clinical specialty committees focused on product introductions, value analysis and utilization review consistent with NMHC policies and procedures.
- Manages the overall medical/surgical product portfolio for various clinical disciplines across NMHC, including regular utilization review, spend analysis, product introductions and trials.
- Develops qualitative/quantitative analyses and methodologies for product utilization and cost reduction efforts.
- Tracks identified and implemented cost savings and audits projected utilization and actual spend.
- Participates in developing new programs, training efforts, product trials, departmental or organization goals and projects, etc.
- Manages communications and clinical literature research to support product utilization, product conversions and additions, trials and committee activities.
- Prepares product and service utilization reports and updates.
- Promotes NMHC philosophy for implementing supply chain cost improvement initiatives, new product introductions and organizational goals.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates meetings, work groups, and committees within various levels of staffing and management.
- Serve as intermediary between vendors and end users, helping to screen and analyze new product introductions.
- Coordinate inservicing with end users for new product introductions, trials and product conversions.
- Work with Group Purchasing Organization(s) to identify cost savings opportunities, program initiatives and best practices.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and achieve savings goals.
- Master's in Business Administration or Masters in Health Care Management.
- Registered Nurse.
- Operating Room Experience/Patient Care Experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs