Strategic Sourcing Manager, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 21130 Job Function Management-Facilities/Support Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Strategic Sourcing Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager (SSM) helps to manage the procurement portfolio and may be assigned to review medical-surgical supplies, pharmaceutical products, medical equipment or purchased services, drive cost reduction initiatives throughout NMHC and act as a consultant to and supporting resource for the clinical and non-clinical areas of NMHC. The SSM drives organization-wide product and service change, and serves as an internal advocate of NMHC product standardization/utilization initiatives. This individual coordinates new product introduction, product trials and overall product/service change initiatives on behalf of end users.
The Sourcing and Contracting Departmental mission is to ensure the preservation and improvement of the quality of patient care while reducing or maintaining costs and risks related to the procurement and the use of products and services at all NMHC business units and facilities through collaborative efforts and effective communication by a mode of service line steering teams and specialty sub-committees.
- Consults with end users throughout NMHC in identifying, analyzing and facilitating implementation of expense reduction initiatives tied to medical -surgical products, pharmaceuticals, equipment and services. Includes communications with vendors, internal stakeholders, physicians, leadership and third party partners.
- Facilitates the procurement of medical surgical products, equipment and services for NM in collaboration with internal stakeholders, Supply Chain Management and third party vendors.
- Coordinates and conducts Competitive Market Assessment (CMA), Request for Proposal (RFP) and financial negotiations with vendors per NMHC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for negotiation of key business terms related to savings and contracting initiatives, ongoing portfolio maintenance, contract arrangements, and monitoring of vendor contract compliance.
- Supports clinical specialty committees focused on product introductions, value analysis and utilization review consistent with NM policies and procedures.
- Manages the overall medical-surgical product, equipment and services portfolios for various clinical and non-clinical disciplines across NMHC, including regular utilization review, spend analysis, product introductions and trials.
- Facilitates the use of clinical outcome data to support the selection and ongoing use of selected products.
- Develops qualitative/quantitative analyses, methodologies and reporting platforms for product utilization and cost reduction efforts.
- Tracks identified and implemented cost savings and audits projected utilization and actual spend.
- Participates in developing new programs, training efforts, product trials, departmental or organization goals and projects, etc.
- Identifies and supports product standardization initiatives across NMHC that aligns with quality/safety/financial goals.
- Manages communications and clinical literature research to support product utilization, product conversions and additions, trials and committee activities.
- Monitors, implements and support utilization of electronic product request system (Lumere) across NMHC entities.
- Prepares product and service utilization reports and updates.
- Support end-users and Supply Chain Distribution in remediation of supply availability disruptions (backorders/recalls).
- Performs regular business reviews with key vendors and assesses vendor performance (score cards) and impact on NMHC operating goals.
- Promotes NMHC philosophy for implementing supply chain cost improvement initiatives, new product introductions and organizational goals.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates meetings, work groups, and committees within various levels of staffing and management.
- Serve as intermediary between vendors and end users, helping to screen and analyze new product introductions.
- Coordinate inservicing with end users for Supply Chain initiated new product introductions, trials and product conversions.
- Work with Group Purchasing Organization(s) to identify cost savings opportunities, program initiatives and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of financial analysis and quantitative/qualitative assessment data.
- Advanced skills in spreadsheet, word and presentation computer applications (PowerPoint).
- Consulting or group presentation skills.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Strong communication skills, negotiating skills a plus.
- Deliver presentations to a variety of audiences at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and achieve savings goals.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Health Care Management, or other healthcare related fields.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Associate General Counsel, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Critical Care/ICU Huntley, Full-time, Day Huntley, Illinois
- Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 East, $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Evenings Wheaton, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs