Strategic Planning and Business Development Consultant, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 17163 Job Function Quality/Business Development/Process Improvement Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Strategic Planning and Business Development Consultant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assists in business and program development planning, including the following processes: proposing and recommending strategies, goal setting, highlighting operational effects and relevant implications for the organization, prepares business plans and pro formas.
- Partners with members of leadership to develop business plans for major programs and service development.
- Designs and packages executive-level recommendations and presentations with minimal oversight based on effective analysis and research.
- Demonstrates ability to develop senior relationships and presentation skills.
- Compiles competitive and evaluative data on product line performance, hospitals region and system utilization, market trends, financials, and benchmarks by working with NM departments and utilizing internal and external resources.
- Develops complex hospital and system-wide analyses by integrating multiple data elements, best practice research and recommendations to support advancement of organization goals.
- Typical analyses include program development/expansion, SWOT analysis, physician referrals and patterns, analysis of high profile physician recruits and volume and financial modeling.
- Collaborates well with others and enjoys working as part of a team. Helps mentor and develop skills of new team members as well as continually improve department templates and deliverables.
- Desires to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and has ability to self-manage multiple projects and work streams.
- Conducts primary and secondary research analysis to examine competitive performance, market need, and opportunities for growth.
- Defines and executes innovative analytic approaches to strategic questions using strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Maintains and utilizes specific planning tools and products, including IHA COMPdata, Advisory Board, Sg2 and Truven.
- Manages relationships with external vendor partners and is expected to become a product subject matter expert.
- Demonstrates high proficiency in manipulating market databases, financial modeling and analysis in tools such as Access and Excel.
- Develops and maintains relationships between other information-based departments, including Marketing, Information Systems, Finance, Physician Services, and Quality.
- Works collaboratively with and supports multi-departmental efforts and projects.
- Performs other activities as requested and prioritized by the Directors of Strategic Planning and Business Development.
- Responsive to needs/requests of the customer/client both internally and external to the Strategic Planning and Business Development Department.
- Demonstrates flexibility and organization while maintaining high levels of performance.
- Adheres to strict guidelines for handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Additional Functions:
- Consultant may be required to travel locally to other NMHC hospitals and facilities located in suburban Chicago, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional field such as healthcare, marketing, finance, strategy or business development.
- Knowledge of database and spreadsheet software programs and analytical applications.
- Clear, well developed oral and written communication and presentation skills and strong analytic and financial skills.
- Attention to detail and proactive problem solving capabilities.
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or MHA) preferred; required in place of work experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Operating Room Nurse - CDH Ambulatory Surgery, Full-time, Days (M-F no holidays no weekends) Warrenville, Illinois
- Registered Nurse Hiring Blitz - Delnor, Central DuPage and Marianjoy Hospitals Geneva, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Part-time, Days (ED) Elgin, Illinois
- Masters Prepared Case Therapist I, Full-time- Days $1,000 Sign-on DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs