Staff Radiographer-Diagnostic Imaging, Part-time, RotatingLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 15745 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Staff Radiographerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Staff Radiographer performs diagnostic imaging procedures through the use of Radiographic equipment to generate information necessary for the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of patients in accordance with industry, departmental, hospital and IEMA policies and procedures.
- Assess and evaluate the physician's orders for Radiological examinations according to departmental procedure.
- Evaluates the request for the procedure and assesses the patient to determine the appropriate protocol.
- Advises the patient of radiation safety related matters as appropriate.
- Educates patient as to the examination being performed, reduces patient anxiety, and provides comfort during the procedure.
- Positions patient and performs diagnostic imaging procedure utilizing appropriate equipment.
- Cares for the patient throughout the procedure according to the department and hospital standards of nursing care, age-specific and "Patients First" guidelines and policies.
- Completes and maintains medical record of the patient.
- Performs electronic quality analysis of the Radiographic image.
- Adheres to research protocols and maintains records for research data.
- Reports incidence of equipment failure, irregularities in equipment performance and equipment disrepair to supervisor, as soon as possible.
- Supplies and maintains the exam room in a manner consistent with department standards.
- Assist in the education of house staff, student technologists and ancillary personnel as it relates to diagnostic imaging.
- Facilitates scheduling and transportation of patients.
- Graduation from an accredited Radiography program where competencies in evaluating and caring for pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients is required.
- Radiographers must be able to manage the patients safely and effectively during imaging procedures with the limitations of the patient's cognitive abilities, psycho-motor skills, emotional stability and sensory capacities (sight, hearing, etc.).
- This position requires employees to interact with adults ranging in age from 0-90.
- Provides patient data with optimum quality and productivity to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Collects data to support the measurement and tracking of quality management.
- Participate in formal and informal process improvement and problem solving to enhance the quality of service to customers.
- Ensures the continuity of care through effective interactions with other departments.
- Certification in Radiography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology.
- Active license with Illinois Emergency Management Administration.
- AHA BLS Certification(Basic Life Support).
- Associates Degree in Applied Science, Radiography or Certificate of Completion, Radiography Program (hospital sponsored).
- Three to five years of experience in Radiography at a health care institution.
- Extensive computer knowledge.
- Experience with clinical research.
- Familiarity with radiation safety and related radiation procedures.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist - Registration, Part-time, NIghts Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Access Concierge - Guest Services, Part-time, Evenings Winfield, Illinois
- CT Scan Technologist, IHR - Delnor CT Scanning, As Needed, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Registered Staff Nurse, Inpatient - Delnor Med/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $3,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs