Sr. Medical Physicist - Radiation Oncology, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 91179 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $91.90 + per hour.
The Sr. Medical Physicist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Sr. Medical Physicist has a library of knowledge to provide day-to-day clinical services under supervision of Director of Medical Physics along with policy and procedures of the departmental in providing clinical duties of the department of Radiation Oncology for timely, safe and scientifically accurate patient treatment at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in downtown Chicago. This individual is embodiment of technical and clinical expertise for best patient care in a patient-centric NM atmosphere.
The clinical duties of the physics section are broadly divided into 8 main silos:
- Machine, QA and calibration
- Treatment planning system and treatment plans
- Gamma knife and SRS
- Brachytherapy (prostate seed implant, eye plaque and HDR)
- Day-to-day routine duties (chart checks, problem solving and troubleshooting).
- Expertise in clinical procedures listed above is desired but a minimum of six are required.
- Expertise in technical component of the hardware/software used and collaborates with other sections to support the clinical needs of the department.
- Develops and help in immobilization devices, CT, MRI and PET based plans, including fusion.
- Implementation of complex treatment plans, and treatment delivery including but not limited to: 3DCRT, IMRT/VMAT, IGRT, CBCT, Arc therapy, MRI-Linac, adaptive therapy, SRS, SBRT, DIBH, Gating, etc.
- Develops and verifies the prescribed radiation treatment plan meets the clinical standards for both external beam and brachytherapy patients.
- Performs and verifies accuracy of treatment calculations by independent check of measurement.
- Assesses in-vivo dosage using appropriate detectors (TLDs, diodes, MOSFETS, film etc) and records the results.
- Develops and accurately document treatment plans, new procedures and protocols, to assure quality care and patient safety.
- Performs and records physics quality control and quality assurance processes (daily, monthly and annually).
- Provide leadership in commissioning of new equipment, development of new treatment techniques, quantitative analysis of clinical trial data, and other appropriate physics duties.
- Adheres to all radiation safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of patients, visitors and staff at all times.
- Familiarity with Local (IEMA) & National radiation safety and protection guidelines
- Maintains competencies and complies with continuing education requirements by credentialing agencies.
- Provides clinical coverage outside NMH on the discretion of Director of Medical Physics.
- Provide guidance to Medical Physicists, dosimetrists, residents and junior staff on clinical matters.
- Visibility with clinical projects as well as teaching programs including mentoring therapy students, residents (MD and medical physics).
- A doctoral degree (PhD) in medical physics or equivalent in terms of CAMPEP equivalency guidelines with over 7 years of experience. An MS degree is acceptable if grandfathered in the system.
- Licensed by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)
- American Board of Radiology (ABR) certification.
- A good communication skill without language barrier with every team in radiation oncology.
- For promotion to Sr Med Physics a minimum of following criterion should be required:
- Quality of clinical work
- Innovation in patient care
- Attention to details in patient care
- Sincere participation in daily activity
- Proven track of improvement in quality and techniques
- Visibility and creativity in clinical area
- Development of new and creative programs for clinical care
- Collaboration with clinical staff for IRB, protocols, clinical trials, development of policy and procedures, quality assurance, and clinical program development
- For promotion to academic ladder; rank of Associate Professor/Professor at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine significant visibility in academic strength measured by NU, as well as teaching expertise are required. Some of these requirements are as:
- Continuous research productivity
- Books, Chapters and monograms
- Role in support of research grants
- Editorial board
- Service and national visibility
- A high degree of radiation oncology software and computer knowledge
- Leadership and visibility by service, teaching or clinical productivity
- Departmental, institutional, national and international visibility in services, membership, leadership and accolade.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More