Sr. Compensation Analyst, Full Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 76817 Job Function Human Resources/Academy/Payroll Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Sr. Compensation Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the general direction of the System Compensation Manager, the incumbent will exercise significant discretion in interacting with all levels within the system to support the compensation strategy, pay programs and policies, as well as, serve as project leader in the delivery of compensation solutions.
- Market Reviews:
- Project Coordinator in independently conducting base pay market reviews including the identification, extraction and manipulation of source materials (i.e. internal and external job descriptions and all components of compensation data); providing summary findings and making recommendations to Compensation Manager, Committee, and stakeholders, including budgetary impact of adjustments and implementation protocols (communication plan, coordination with MyHR for data updates).
- Merit Program:
- Responsibility for gathering and summarizing external market data and trends in consideration of the annual salary increase budget, creating communication materials, and reviewing the current salary plan ranges in collaboration with the Manager and Director.
- Incentive and Special Pay Programs:
- Program Coordinator for the annual all employee bonus program and the development of other incentive or special compensation programs as identified.
- Job Descriptions/Position Management:
- Review, determine salary plan and grade, and approve all incoming job descriptions (for new or existing positions)
- Ownership of all incoming requests for job evaluations and grading reviews.
- Other Programs:
- Conducts market research and provides summary findings to Compensation Manager and stakeholders to help design and review current Total Rewards and Talent Programs, including: PTO Program, Physician Compensation, and Metrics/Forecasting Budgetary Analytics.
- Generalist Responsibilities:
- Independently consult with Management and employees, as well as internal HR colleagues in application of current compensation practices, may provide instruction in a formal setting regarding compensation and shared services practices and procedures
- Provide authorization for non-standard personnel actions, interim pay and other payments as appropriate, including the coordination of payments with payroll department
- Commission and provide submission data for external salary surveys
- May delegate common surveys to additional support within HR to complete based on approved matches
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting final product to vendor
- Maintain integrity of compensation data in PeopleSoft; serve as key resource for current compensation practices
- Serve as a NMI/Intranet Departmental Pages Content Manager
- Proactively identify opportunities for operational improvement including the development and execution of subsequent action plans and conducts routine audits
- Manage special projects as awarded.
- Additional Functions:
- Working knowledge of general HR policies and programs
- Conduct training sessions and Town Halls
- Super-User in PeopleSoft including query management
- Advise MyHR, Payroll, and IS when system updates require expert knowledge on Compensation Policies, Practices, and Programs.
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in HR, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Finance or Business
- 3 or more years of Compensation experience and 5+ years of relevant HR/Finance experience (min of 8-10 years of total experience)
- Operating knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar HRIS software
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Superior project and time management skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Board Presentation Experience and PowerPoint skills
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Profession in Human Resources (PHR) designation
- Master's Degree
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs