Sr. Biomedical Equip Technician - Bio Medical Engineering, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 6470 Job Function Materials Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Biomedical Equipment Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Senior Biomedical Equipment Technician is an employee capable of performing any and all assignments of a Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET). In addition, the Senior Biomedical Equipment Technician coordinates the cross-training & in-servicing, scheduling, assigning, and allocation of BMET resources towards the fulfillment of the department mission. Performs all duties of a Biomedical Equipment Technician for all equipment for areas as assigned. This accounts for 65% of the job of the Sr. Biomedical Equipment Technician.
- Maintains biomedical equipment according to written procedures (or consistent with knowledge and experience where procedures do not exist) to manufacturer's specifications.
- Identifies PM failures, repairs problem, and documents corrective action
- Troubleshoots to board or component level as appropriate and repairs biomedical equipment to within manufacturer's specifications
- Orders parts, documents work, communicates with clients and works to correct operator problems
- Monitors outside service personnel providing repair, maintenance, parts, or installation services.
- Ensures that work performed is necessary, timely, and complete and that services are documented
- Participates in maintenance of parts inventory; Provides after hours coverage as required and described by department's long range pager policy
- Receives, inventories, assembles as needed, and inspects equipment according to inspection procedures and documents results
- Delivers and installs equipment as appropriate. Allocates staff resources to ensure ongoing compliance with the Medical Equipment Management program goals and objectives, including timely completion of scheduled maintenance activities.
- Assigns appropriate BMET staff to provide appropriate support levels for emergency medical equipment repairs during on-site hours and off-shift.
- Monitors current scheduled and unscheduled work orders for effective customer communications, efficient equipment troubleshooting, timely problem resolution, and quality of documentation.
- Follows-up with BMETs as necessary to achieve department mission.
- Coordinates BMET development, in-servicing, and cross-training according to a program determined by the Manager.
- Determines effective maintenance methodologies and implements transition plans for new equipment.
- Monitors and tracks test equipment, replacement parts and cables, and loaner medical equipment inventory to ensure proper maintenance, availability, and documentation of use.
- Associates degree in electronics or biomedical technology and 5 years experience repairing medical equipment.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in electrical or biomedical engineering and over 7 years experience repairing various classes of medical equipment.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs