Solutions ArchitectLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 36043 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The SolutionArchitectreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, is creative, and able to operate in spaces without clear solutions.
The primary function of this position is to research solutions to business & clinical problems, leverage all tools at our disposal to brainstorm solutions, and execute solutions from conception to design to implementation, engaging others as necessary for additional input.
- Execute the relevant portions of the architecture program (e.g. standards, patterns, governance, etc.) with the assigned solution development teams
- Ensure that projects and product development conform to architectural standards
- Participate in the architecture community of practice
- Educate non-architecture team members on the "why" behind standards, reference architectures, etc.
- Contribute to the creation of product and capability roadmaps. Ensure the ESA is aware of these roadmaps
- Support architectural governance by conforming to review requirements
- Ensure that relevant solution design documentation is created, maintained and stored for reference purposes
- Ensure that technical debt reduction is included in the backlog of each assigned team
- Contribute to capturing and analyzing ESA metrics
- Actively collaborate with architects in other domains during solution design and development
- Prioritize composability and digital-first in solution design
- 1-3+ years in enterprise, application, technical, or information architecture design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is preferred or other degree with significant related IT and leadership experience
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions
- Demonstrated results managing and/or influencing team members and serving as role model / mentor
- Demonstrated expert knowledge on variety of domain specific areas (i.e. coding languages such as C, C++, JAVA, .NET, C#, Python, SQL, etc.; Applications such as Epic, ServiceNow, etc.; Technology such as Microsoft, AI/ML, Orchestration, etc.; Interoperability expertise such as FHIR, APIs, etc.)
- Understanding of current IT trends, key vendors and their impact on business strategies, Cloud technologies, Mobile applications, BI architecture, agile IT processes, usability architecture, front-end design, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to learn new technologies and leverage available tools to expand knowledge in areas outside existing scope of knowledge
- Pragmatic, articulate, persuasive to execute architectural solutions from conception to deployment, including change management with key stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to mentor & guide junior team members for both solution architecture & professional development
- Ability to effectively translate and present technology solutions in business or management terms
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- 4+ years in healthcare information technology
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant- RMG Allergy Winfield, Full-Time, Days [$2,000 Sign-On Bonus] Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transcatheter Valve Publications Coordinator, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Medical Assistant - Urology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nursing House Supervisor - PH Nursing Management, Full-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs