Software DeveloperLocation Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 64647 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 46.39 Apply Now
Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Software Developer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Software Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing applications for Northwestern Medicine.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas
- Participate in the Agile software development from concept, design to full-stack coding and testing
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Stay current on development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Provide ad hoc project status, participate in meetings and conference calls
- Mentor junior software developers
- Make informed decisions quickly and take ownership of services and applications at scale
- Create internal process improvement initiatives within team's toolsets and workflows
- Perform code reviews
- Provide operational support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience as a full stack software developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft SQL Server database design with experience in query optimization
- Front end frameworks (Angular, Razor, React, etc.)
- Source Control: TFS, Git
- Experience working in an agile environment
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs