Senior Technical Analyst - Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 43803 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Technical Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for keeping their assigned or designated application systems and their associated software fully operational and well integrated into NMHC information technology environment. This position also monitors, analyzes and plans upgrades, as necessary, to ensure adequate capacity and availability to meet the user needs.
General Technical Skills
- Maintains solid competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Provides leadership and support for computing systems and systems integration.
- Conducts, analyzes, recommends and presents performance and/or capacity analysis to assure systems reliability for current and/or future use.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMHC IT systems.
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and resolution, with vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMHC server/distributed system IT environment.
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, end-users, etc.).
- Works effectively in supporting the technical teams and customers with project and support activities. Actively participates and communications with the project teams. Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the teams goals and objectives.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Proficient in all written communication, both internally and externally.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Determines strategy and supports system and interfacing to assure stable integration of the NMHC distributed system IT environment.
- Reviews projects, analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, writes specifications and implements system and system changes to address changing application and end user requirements.
- Provides leadership including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards.
- Develops project plans to direct system activities either in support of application projects or as independent work activities.
- Works directly with project managers to understand application objectives, develop scope of project, outline effort projections, determine schedules, and finalize plans.
- Establishes and enforces standards, policies and procedures for application systems.
- Participates in long and short range system planning.
Personal and Staff Development
- Leads ongoing processes to integrate end users requests with software functionality.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Associate Application Analyst and Application Analyst, as well as members of the technical teams.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts easily among different support and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository
- Bachelors in related field (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years experience in core discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 5+ years experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine, Full-time, Days *$2,000 Sign-on Bonus* Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transitional Care, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Infusion, Part-time (24 hrs/wk), Days Chicago, Illinois
- Case Manager - Pre-Admissions Testing, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs