Senior Systems Engineer - Full time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 0067067 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Senior Systems Engineer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for keeping the hardware systems, their associated operating systems, and connectivity capabilities fully operational and well integrated into NMHC information technology environment. This position also monitors, analyzes and plans upgrades, as necessary, to ensure adequate capacity and availability to meet the user needs.
- General Technical Skills:
- Maintains solid technical competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems.
- Provides technical leadership and support for computing systems and systems integration.
- Conducts, analyzes, recommends and presents performance and/or capacity analysis to assure systems reliability for current and/or future use.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMHC IT server/distributed systems.
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and solution, including vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMHC server/distributed system IT environment.
- Customer Service
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, etc.).
- Works effectively in supporting the application teams with project and support activities.
- Actively participates and communications with the project teams.
- Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the team’s goals and objectives.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communication Skills
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Proficient in all written communication, both internally and externally.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Determines strategy and supports system-to-network connectivity and interfacing to assure stable integration of the NMHC distributed system IT environment.
- Reviews technology projects, analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, writes technical specifications and implements system and system changes to address changing application requirements.
- Provides technical leadership including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards.
- Develops project plans to direct technology activities either in support of application projects or as independent work activities.
- Works directly with project managers to understand application objectives, develop scope of project, outline effort projections, determine schedules, and finalize plans.
- Establishes and enforces standards, policies and procedures for local area networks.
- Participates in long and short range technology planning.
- Personal and Staff Development
- Leads on-going process to integrate vendor, manufacturer and point-expertise technical knowledge into NMHC.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for others on the immediate team, as well as members of the application teams.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts easily among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
- Anticipates and adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository.
- Additional Functions
- Providing on-call support is required
- 7+ years of experience in core discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelors in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
- vSphere Infrastructure Management, Configuration, and Administration-Hosts / Datastores / Virtual Distributed Switches management
- EMC NAS Administration (Isilon)
- Extensive experience with managing and troubleshooting Isilon
- EMC Enterprise Storage Administration (VMAX / PowerMax) -LUN / Volume creation, mapping, and management
- UCS Manager Administration -Service Profile creation and management
- Knowledge / Experience with VxRail and vSAN would be a plus
- Knowledge / experience with supporting Cisco 9ks / 3ks, and SAN switches are a plus
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Psychiatry (Psychiatric), Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Nurse - Cardiac Lab, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Monitor Tech - Telemetry, Full-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - ICU, Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs