Senior Security Analyst - IT Security and ComplianceChicago, Illinois Job REQID 5052 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Security Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The security analyst will be extensively involved with security event monitoring, activities identifying, evaluating and reporting on information security that supports risk posture.
- Investigate alerts generated by security controls. Implement/provide recommendations to improve detection capability accuracy.
- Develop/optimize incident response standards and procedure to increase the organizations cyber resiliency. Coach and mentor junior resources.
- Analyze the enterprise information security environment and recommend security measures to safeguard valuable information assets.
- Identify, evaluate, and report on information security risks.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal departments to develop and implement procedures.
- Collaborate with senior staff on strategic and tactical security guidance for all IS projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Monitor and maintain the wide security infrastructure and frameworks while analyzing, planning and making recommendations for changes to ensure consistency.
- Regularly evaluate and assess information security vulnerabilities, solutions, and organizational posture.
- Assist in developing cyber security standards and procedures related to logging, monitoring and response.
- Analyze requirements and make recommendations to optimize performance of security controls.
- Collaborate with network and technology support team to enhance and improve security processes and documentation.
- Stays current with security technologies and threats and make recommendations on business value.
- On a daily basis, assess new risks and mitigate as they surface.
- Respond to IT security incidents, providing initial assessment of impact severity and types of incidents being addressed.
- Investigates any fraud and other computer issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of professional IT experience, including Cyber Security
- Must have solid knowledge of Security Operation Center (SOC), Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRTs), Risk Management in the cyber security context.
- Demonstrated success leading and/or conducting security analysis, investigations and incident response.
- Demonstrated timely task completion involving solid organizational skills, task tracking, follow-up, and productive peer interaction.
- Working knowledge of the following subjects:
- Network (protocols, topologies)
- Security controls (proxies, IPS, IDS, Firewall and packet analyzers)
- Systems (Windows, Linux/UNIX)
- Software development (development / scripting langages)
- Incident Response
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Working knowledge of Security Standards/Controls specified under various IT governance and compliance models (NIST, HIPAA, PCI, ISO 27001&27002, ITIL). This includes:
- Applications and Systems Development Security
- Security Management Practices
- Access Control
- Security Architecture and Modeling
- Network Security
- Operations Security
- Physical Security Controls
- Experience and knowledge of one of the major SIEM technologies (Logrhythm/IBM Qradar/Splunk).
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in delivering formal presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certification or courses: GIAC certifications, OSCP, Associate of (ISC)/CISSP, GSEC, GCWN, GCED or Certified Ethical Hacker a plus
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Med/Surg Intensive Care Unit, Full-time, Nights **$2K Sign On Bonus** Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs