Senior Payroll SpecialistLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 77737 Job Function Human Resources/Academy/Payroll Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Senior Payroll Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Supports payroll services department in various functional payroll areas and processes.
- Audits payroll hours, wages and deductions each payroll.
- Responsible for accurate and timely input and review of garnishment documents and withholding orders including responding to court/agency requests.
- Maintains garnishment documentation according to department standards.
- Provides payroll support to all Northwestern Medicine employees.
- Answers employee questions and concerns via Service Now case management system.
- Provides support and coverage for other team members when needed. Continuously monitors daily duties for efficiency.
- Responsible for completing wage verification documents.
- Processes garnishment refunds to employees.
- Ensures the accuracy of processed garnishment data through review of system generated reports.
- Associate's degree
- Three to five years of payroll experience
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Able to work with other software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a stressful environment with strict deadlines
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs