Senior Network Security Engineer - Network Services, Full time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 10803 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Network Security Engineer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Development and management of security incident reports, tools and alerts found within tool sets and additional sources for identifying and prioritizing risks to all network and enterprise assets.
- High level of interaction with senior management, network engineering/operations, Information Security Risk Team and IT and is expected to maintain a professional working relation at all times.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring and upgrade planning for server platform related hardware and software components.
- Develops solid technical competence for assigned systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported systems.
- Integrates network security platform solutions into NMH information technology (IT) environment and assures proper operation and maintenance of application platforms.
- Provides technical guidance and support for computing platforms and platform integration.
- Contributes to analysis and recommendations relating to performance and/or capacity of platform to ensure reliability for current and/or future use.
- Develops a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMH IT network security platforms.
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and solution, including vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMH network systems IT environment.
- Performs device configuration activities and reporting on all critical vulnerability and intrusion detection systems.
- Develops and implements vulnerability mitigation and threat management and executes planning and implementation of vulnerability assessment activities.
- Customer Service:
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMH technology users, IS team members, etc.).
- Works effectively in supporting the application teams with project and support activities.
- Actively participates and communicates with the project teams.
- Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the team’s goals and objectives.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMH and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Communication Skills:
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Supports platform-to-network connectivity and interfacing to assure stable integration of NMH network system IT environment.
- Analyzes business requirements, recommends platform changes, writes technical specifications and implements platform and system changes to address changing application requirements.
- Provides technical support including the identification and implementation of NMH best practice standards.
- Analyze the enterprise information security environment and recommend security measures to safeguard valuable information assets.
- Identify, evaluate, and report on information security risks.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal departments to develop and implement procedures.
- Collaborate with senior staff on strategic and tactical security guidance for all IS projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Monitor and maintain the wide security infrastructure and frameworks while analyzing, planning and making recommendations for changes to ensure consistency.
- Personal and Staff Development:
- Contributes to on-going process to integrate vendor, manufacturer and point-expertise technical knowledge into NMH.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Network Security Engineer I, as well as members of the application teams.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository.
- Collaborate with network and technology support team to enhance and improve security processes and documentation
- Additional Functions:
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation(s); defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards. Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization. Secures network system(s) by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of experience
- Relevant IT\Cisco\Network Security Certifications
- CCNA-level certification or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Working knowledge of the following subjects:
- Network (protocols, topologies…)
- Security controls (proxies, IPS, IDS, Firewall and packet analyzers)
- Systems (Windows, Linux/UNIX)
- Software development (development / scripting langages)
- Incident Response
- Networking Security certifications, such as Cisco expert level certifications (CCIE,CCNP Security or Certified Ethical Hacker) are a plus.
- Scripting experience with Shell, Perl, Java.
- Member of recognized security organization
- Carrier security experience or enterprise security and architecture background.
- Experience with vendor and risk management, PCI disaster recovery and incident response.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs