Senior Financial AnalystLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 24993 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Financial Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparation and review of analysis for various business unit leadership, the internal board of directors, and regional reporting. The position is also charged with accounting, budgetary, and financial analysis activities as well as preparing complex journal entries and advanced reconciliations. The Senior Financial Analyst supports the finance function of Northwestern Medicine through special projects.
- Prepare monthly financial and operating results, for multiple roll-ups and consolidation, of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare.
- Understand database relationships in the ERP system to build reporting, adjust existing reporting layouts, and how to turn financial data into concise, decision-driving insights.
- Utilize computer applications in large databases, spreadsheets, and word processing applications in a high complexity environment.
- Prepare financial analysis/reports and supporting audit work papers.
- Prepare presentation materials and supporting schedules/reports.
- Prepare monthly financial narratives that effectively communicates a meaningful picture of the financial performance for a non-finance audience.
- Lead efforts to proactively and continuously work towards improving the effectiveness, accuracy, and efficiency of financial reporting for the monthly close process.
- Perform regular quality assurance and data validation reviews of reporting.
- Work openly and collaboratively; brainstorming, offering fresh ideas and sharing work streams as needed.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to problem solve reporting complexities in a changing environment.
- Partner with Operating Unit CFOs and Finance Operations in understanding and analysis of operating results of the various operating units, identifying the drivers of variances and communicating those to management.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years in accounting/finance role
- High level of precision and attention to detail, data validation, quality assurance, and data integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication, collaboration, and analytical skills
- Requires technical savvy and ongoing cultivation of flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to summarize complex issues into key elements
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and able to effectively manage deadlines
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft office suite (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preferably PeopleSoft
- Proficient in using platforms/applications, such as Blackline, Tableau, and/or Workiva Wdesk
- Experience with a financial planning system, such as Strata Decision Technology
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs