Senior Financial Analyst, Full Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 105629 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Senior Financial Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparation and review of analysis for various business unit leadership, the internal board of directors, and regional reporting. The position is also charged with accounting, budgetary, and financial analysis activities as well as preparing complex journal entries and advanced reconciliations. The Senior Financial Analyst supports the finance function of Northwestern Medicine through special projects.
- Meet accounting and financial objectives by preparing and reviewing analysis; identifying and evaluating trends; analyzing variances; initiating any corrective actions or adjustments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports, schedules, commentaries and supplemental material to be used by management.
- Mentors and supports members of the finance team as an informal leader.
- Research and interpret changes in accounting and financial reporting policy, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Research and understand changes in the regulatory environment and the potential impact on reporting.
- Review work prepared by other members when necessary, including analysis, financial reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, and audit work papers.
- Prepares analysis and support for management and the operating departments.
- Lead efforts to assess, modify, and/or develop and implement more timely and consistent processes/systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and meaningfulness of information.
- Demonstrates knowledge in computer applications such as knowledge in databases, spreadsheets and word processing applications in a high complexity environment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, adopting and implementing industry best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial and patient information confidential.
- Supports the finance operation of Northwestern Medicine through special projects.
- Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years in finance role.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of advanced accounting topics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- CPA/CHFP certification.
- Experience in a healthcare organization.
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preferably PeopleSoft.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs