Senior Corporate Finance AnalystLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 91502 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Senior Corporate Finance Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Senior Corporate Finance Analyst will be a contributor to the investment staff in the analysis, recommendations and reporting of data related to NMHC’s innovation fund, physician and hospital valuation, and strategic direct investments. The Senior Investment Analyst will assist in requests from other departments, including accounting, internal/external audit, finance and governance. This individual will report to an Investment Director.
- Gather and analyze data from a variety of resources to perform in-depth financial analysis related to private equity, hospital and physician valuation, and corporate finance related project work.
- Conduct data analysis and due dilligence associated with a wide variety of different projects and potential transactions.
- Develop independent critical thinking in financial analysis and provide detailed observations and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Manage relationships and work closely with third-party advisors and consultants.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Chief Investment Executive. Special projects may entail conducting research and analysis on a wide variety of investment topics.
- Produce investment analysis on a wide variety of portfolio strategic direct investments.
- The ideal candidate must have investment experience and should have the ability to develop independent views on individual investments and financial projects. The ability to think critically and analyze complex situations is highly valued.
- Qualities like humility, respect and open mindedness to information that differs from their views is vital.
- Demonstrate skill identifying investment opportunities and risks.
- Exposure to investment due diligence, corporate finance, financial statement analysis and financial modeling.
- Produce thought provoking work and develop independent investment view from peers and market.
- Provide written analysis demonstrating a clear thought process with a consistent analytical approach.
- Assists in answering external requests for information as directed by leadership.
- Produces high-quality output consistent with established best practices.
- Able to present information to an audience.
- Show excellent time management skills while owning multiple work streams.
- Able to suggest marginal improvements to existing processes.
- Actively seeks personal and professional development.
- Experience in healthcare is beneficial but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 2-5 years relevant financial and/or investment analysis experience
- Strong understanding of finance, statistics and economics
- Financial modeling and investment valuation experience
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Progress towards the CFA designation or MBA
- Bloomberg, Preqin, Burgiss, CB Insights experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More