Senior Communications Specialist-Donor, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 9730 Job Function Public Relations/External Affairs/Marketing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Communications Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting their Manager and other Communications team members in creating communications plans and execution of those plans for assigned focus areas. This role is an activation expert and understands how the elements of a communications plan work together for maximum impact. They know the latest thinking and channel options used for communications. Communications Specialists are also expected to have flawless execution of their plans in coordination with other team members. This individual works collaboratively with internal stakeholders in their assigned focus area.
- Supports the Manager in the creation of assigned communications plans:
- Defines objectives, strategies, tactics and performance metrics (including campaigns and development of new tactics where applicable)
- Obtains the necessary plan approvals. Works with client partners to determine who is the key point person for each element in the plan
- Delivers all elements of the plan for all assigned clients/areas
- Acts as the team’s communication advisor and content developer:
- Authors and edits articles, letters, emails, and other communications, and oversee design and presentation of materials to decision makers
- Provides ad hoc writing support to team members/clients
- Utilizes excellent project management capabilities:
- Creates timelines for each campaign/tactic in the communications plan and manages them to ensure delivery
- Presents communications materials, as appropriate, to client partner for feedback, input and approvals
- Proofs all materials and obtains appropriate approvals (senior management, legal/risk, other)
- Utilize project management software to manage programs
- Monitors the effectiveness of communications plans through analytics/measurements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of experience in communications, project management or related area.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with a “can-do” attitude.
- Proven experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of healthcare industry and academic medical centers.
- Master's degree.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs