Senior Cloud Technical Architect - Digital Operations, Full time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 80944 Job Function Management-Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Northwestern Medicine Information Services drives innovative, high-value solutions to transform health care.
We are committed to supporting the relentless pursuit of better medicine by providing exceptional service to our patients and guests as well as internal clients across the organization. To ensure excellence, our team goes to extraordinary lengths to ensure that our systems work together seamlessly.
Northwestern Medicine understands that technology plays an integral role in shaping the future of health care. Information Services strategically supports the organization by:
- Leveraging AI, automation and rollout of advanced cyber controls that support digital transformation strategies
- Implementing advanced technologies in clinical and administrative areas
- Furthering development of the end user support model to help enhance modern infrastructure
Are you interested in an IT career that makes an impact? Join a diverse team that delivers next-generation, innovative solutions that benefit our patients, the workforce and the communities we serve. View the Information Services page to learn more about what our department offers.
The Senior Technical Architect reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The primary function of this position is to provide facilitation, analysis, design, and execution of solution architecture for an architectural domain and ensure it is leveraged.
- Lead and mentor other architects (business, information, application, software, technology). Define key solutions and ensure they are managed.
- Define principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Create, document, and communicate the integration approach of all the components of the architecture.
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints, to derive the enterprise solution architecture change requirements to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Research, analyze, determine capabilities and propose solution alternatives that address specific business needs and product/service strategies across Lines of Businesses.
- Develop road maps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
- Perform design reviews of solutions to ensure the design aligns and supports the specified architecture.
- Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise solution architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture (EA) separately by enterprise architecture viewpoint (for example, business, information, application, software, and technology) and via guidance at the enterprise solution architecture level across those viewpoints.
- Work closely with the enterprise program management office (EPMO), Solution Value Office (SVO), or project office to ensure alignment of architecture in plans and project delivery.
- Understand and advocate the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of enterprise architecture development and service delivery.
- Be prepared to "sell" the EA process (overall, not just for enterprise solution architecture), its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication, marketing or educational activities needed to ensure enterprise solution architecture success and use.
- Review all project and enterprise solution architecture.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust, confidence and intellectual integrity with both Business and IT partners.
- Support of enterprise tools needed for development and QA processes.
- Work with each line of business to ensure the successful adoption and use of enterprise solutions including application frameworks, software reference architectures, frameworks, patterns, and standards. This also includes conformance to the strategies, reference architectures, and guiding principles.
- Lead by example, influence and shape outlook and attitudes to facilitate change from a tactical to a strategic oriented enterprise.
- 3-6+ years in enterprise, application, technical, or information architecture design.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions.
- Demonstrated results managing/ influencing/ member of virtual teams and serving as role model/ mentor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is preferred or other degree with significant related IT and leadership experience.
- The senior architect must have outstanding knowledge on domain specific areas (i.e. coding languages such as C, C++, JAVA, .NET, C# etc.; networking; Applications such as Cerner, Epic, Peoplesoft, Kronos; Technology such as Microsoft, AIX, VMWare, SAN, Exchange; data). Expertise in architecture frameworks is required.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization.
- The enterprise architect needs to have expertise in design methodologies and business functions.
- Need to have working knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) or other architecture modeling notations.
- Excellent understanding of current IT trends, key vendors and their impact on business strategies, Cloud technologies, Mobile applications, BI architecture, agile IT processes, usability architecture, front-end design, etc. Pragmatic, articulate, persuasive and able to develop, sell and drive architectural solutions.
- Ability to effectively translate and present technology solutions in business or management terms.
- Visionary thinker that can anticipate future computing capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to lead, guide, and govern effectively.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs