Senior Application Analyst Epic Cupid, LumensLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 108221 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Senior Application Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Support and maintain assigned services and systems
- Monitors, analyzes and plan upgrades
- Monitors the production issue queue and resolves issues while maintaining our Customer Service Level Agreements.
- Leads and executes project tasks as assigned
- Adheres to and enhances quality assurance standards, systems development and delivery methodologies.
- Contributes to ongoing process to integrate end users requests with software functionality.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations relating to application build and functionality of systems to ensure reliability for current and/or future use.
- Demonstrates diagnostic skills and expertise to assist with problem determination and solution across the assigned NMHC distributed system IS environment.
- Participates in on call rotation
- Creates and maintains technical documentation and architecture diagrams
- Maintains solid competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems.
- Provides significant functional, technical, and operational knowledge of multiple applications and recognized as a subject matter expert.
- Provides technical project leadership in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of application software.
- Provides leadership in problem solving, which requires the consideration of the IS strategic plan and short term goals, the means by which to solve the problem, and development of associated action plans.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMHC IS systems.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate meetings and document notes
- Independently represent team in leadership meetings
- Understands and properly utilizes escalation paths and procedures
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs and meets Service Level Agreements as defined in conjunction with our customers.
- Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, end users, etc).
- Works effectively in supporting the technical teams and customers with project and support activities.
- Actively participates and communications with the project and support teams.
- Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the team's goals and objectives.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Proficient in all written communication, both internally and externally. Ensures technical environments, functional and technical specifications, programs, applications, and issues are adequately documented.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Maintains superior knowledge of relevant changing technologies and development tools and disseminates that information to impacted colleagues.
- Reviews projects, analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, and writes specifications and implements system and system changes to address changing application and end user requirements.
- Provides leadership including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards.
- Develops project plans to direct system activities either in support of application projects or as independent work activities.
- Works directly with project managers to understand application objectives, develop scope of project, outline effort projections, determine schedules, and finalize plans.
- Establishes and enforces standards, policies and procedures for application systems.
- Participates in long and short range system planning.
Personal and Staff Development:
- Seeks out new areas of learning and is continually adding to existing knowledge of systems.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Application Support Analyst, Associate Application Analyst and Application Analyst, as well as members of the technical teams.
- Provides feedback for internal process improvement initiatives within team's toolsets and workflows.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts easily among different support and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Provides analysis, recommendations, and general feedback pertaining to resource capacity and/or performance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years experience
- 5+ years of experience in core discipline
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs