Senior Analytics Developer - Surgical Administration, Full-time, DaysLocation Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 94164 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio
The Sr Analytics Developer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Working in Analytics at Northwestern Medicine, we help our clinical and administrative leadership through the development of thoughtful, highly engaging analytics products that will impact the clinical and financial areas of our health system. We do this by engaging with our customers to understand opportunities for improvement and then applying the right analytic solution to drive that improvement. Our health system looks to us to be thought-leaders, which requires us to be analytical problem solvers by nature. We also strive to develop a deep understanding and empathy for our internal customers and communicate the value and purpose to stakeholders. Through tenacity and resilience, we will strive through ambiguity, drive impactful projects, and overcome challenges.
Northwestern Medicine is looking for a data driven, business-minded; results oriented Sr Analytics Developerto join our team. The Sr Analytics Developer uncovers insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be charged with understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to realize the value of NM’s data assets.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven, and a strong communicator. Some of those qualities include but are not limited to:
- Be a Data Champion! Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be an advocate of data accessibility, accuracy and quality.
- Be Curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help support our mission, vision, and values and advance our department as a whole.
- Be a Team Player! Collaboration is what makes us great – come prepared to work with a diverse cross-section of technical and business professionals.
- The Sr Analytics Developer is responsible for delivering data warehouse and analytic solutions by writing ETL packages, developing visualizations, performing data and statistical analyses, and administering systems to deliver information to the health system.
- Serves as a functional and content expert of pipelines to synthesize raw data into actionable information.
- Applies knowledge of relational database skills including advanced SQL knowledge and the ability to create complex queries and stored procedures.
- Assists with the design and development of information delivery components including dashboards, reports, and cubes.
- Assists with ETL design and development including data analysis, source-target mapping, quality profiling, change data capture, program performance.
- Evaluates data quality and interprets results in a clear, concise manner.
- Develops documentation on requirements, decisions, design, modifications, and any associated maintenance.
- Owns analytics projects and is accountable for collaborating with the business to gather and execute on requirements, which exceed customer expectations.
- Works collaboratively with and supports multi-departments efforts and projects.
- Shares skills, experience, knowledge, and expertise with staff on analytic tools and solutions and serves as subject matter expert within the department.
- Participates and contributes to overall training development, maintenance, and facilitate trainings both internally and externally as needed.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four or more years of experience in a role querying and/or analyzing data
- Experience using the Microsoft stack (SSRS, SSMS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience using SQL for data extraction, manipulation, and reporting
- Strong knowledge of relational database skills including advanced SQL knowledge and the ability to create complex queries and stored procedures
- Independently work with business users to gather and scope requirements and recommend analytical solutions to meet business needs
- Experience sharing skills, experience, knowledge, and expertise with junior level staff on analytic tools and solutions and serve as subject matter expert within team and department
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with report writing and data visualization tools such as: Tableau, Crystal Reports, SSRS, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
- Experience in all areas of development including analysis, design, development and support with particular emphasis on structured programming
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple-priorities
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience developing, designing and supporting applications and relational databases
- Previous experience working with Epic Clarity data
- Previous healthcare experience, ideally with a health system
- Experience using a software package for statistical analysis (R, Python, etc)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More