Senior AccountantLocation Chicago, Illinois, Remote Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 43099 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Accountant reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for recording advanced journal entries and performing analysis activities at Northwestern Medicine. The position will also be charged with the preparation and some review activities related to the month end close process; as well as support for the annual financial statement audit.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by reviewing account balances; identifying and evaluating trends; analyzing variances; initiating any corrective actions or adjustments.
- Accurately adjust account balances on a monthly basis and accurately prepare journal entries, audit work papers, and support for the monthly/annual financial statements.
- Prepare and review work performed by other members of the accounting team including analysis, financial reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, and audit work papers.
- Lead efforts to assess, modify, and/or develop and implement more timely and consistent processes/systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and meaningfulness of information.
- Research and interpret changes in accounting policy and apply observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Prepare advanced analysis in order to problem solve and communicate results to leadership.
- Perform financial reporting including supporting the financial statement audit.
- Support the finance operations of Northwestern Medicine.
- Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in accounting.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and accounting skills.
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- MBA or related master's degree.
- Healthcare finance experience (accounting, finance, revenue cycle, managed care, etc.).
- Public Accounting experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft general ledger.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine, Full-time, Days *$2,000 Sign-on Bonus* Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transitional Care, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Infusion, Part-time (24 hrs/wk), Days Chicago, Illinois
- Case Manager - Pre-Admissions Testing, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs