Revenue Cycle AnalystLocation Chicago, Illinois, Remote Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 22929 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Revenue Cycle Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is an operational and technical analyst, supporting the revenue cycle functions of Northwestern Medicine. The Revenue Cycle Analyst position will partner with hospital and professional billing business owners across the revenue cycle to identify and analyze the root cause of user and system issues, develop efficient workflows, and implement technology solutions within the revenue cycle's operating systems.
- Documentation of policies, procedures, and subsequent workflows/issue resolution
- Historical data extraction for risk, trending, and forecasting analysis Quality and productivity metrics for internal & vendor assessment
- Liaison between revenue cycle operations, IT, finance, and various Northwestern Medicine departments.
- Breakdown and analyze large revenue cycle data information to determine trends, issues, and proposed issue resolutions.
- Determine and measure key metrics for the revenue cycle and implement/prepare delivery systems to network management and executives.
- Determine system issues, breakdowns, and opportunities in revenue cycle workflows and collaborate with other NM resources to implement change.
- Present metric information and workflow optimization opportunities to revenue cycle management.
- Implement metric driven changes based within revenue cycle workflows.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience in addition to the position's minimum requirements.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of back-end revenue cycle operations and technical tools supporting each function.
- Proven ability to break down revenue cycle KPIs, data, and functions and recommend strategy for and/or implement improvement opportunities.
- Works with intermediate manager supervision to complete assigned projects with high quality results and in timely manner.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and electronic health record software and demonstrated production of high-quality deliverables.
- Certified in an Epic revenue cycle application. Works well in a team environment.
- 2+ years in working with Revenue Cycle applications in support of revenue cycle operations.
- Demonstrated progressive success in previous roles, including but not limited to presenting findings, results, and recommendations to executive leadership.
- Certified in Epics Resolute Hospital Billing, Professional Billing, and/or clarity platforms.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Tableau, and/or IIS platforms.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Care Tech - Huntley Surgical Care, Part Time, Days Huntley, Illinois
- Attending Nurse - Neuroscience Progressive Unit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Software Developer Epic Cache Chicago, Illinois
- Ophthalmic Assistant - Ophthalmology, Full Time, Days **$5,000 Sign on Bonus** Grayslake, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs