Respiratory Equipment Technician, Full-time, EveningsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 38981 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
For a glimpse of what it’s like to work within the Respiratory Therapy department, you can hear from some of our team in the video below:
The Respiratory Equipment Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Respiratory Equipment Technician is responsible for preparing, issuing, delivering, checking, and maintaining equipment and supplies for Respiratory Therapists.
- Manage all respiratory equipment and supplies including but not limited to:
- Daily replenishment of supplies and equipment
- Successfully address issues regarding orders, receipts, par levels, supplies, equipment inventory and repairs
- Routine assessments of inventory and ordering rental equipment as necessary
- Work with supply chain to maintain physical par locations and ensure products are appropriately labeled
- Properly clean and set up equipment based on manufacturer specifications and NMHC standards
- Assist with preventative maintenance of equipment
- Work with vendors and internal departments to maintain open communication and resolve inventory related issues
- Maintain good relationships with vendors
- Assist in developing education and communication on new equipment as requested by management and education coordinators.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform responsibilities, knowledge of routine policies and procedures and adherence to safety and infection control standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical ability to lift or move 50lbs
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of medical supply inventory experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Respiratory Care Assistant- Delnor Respiratory Care, Casual, Rotating Shifts Geneva, Illinois
- OB RN - Full-Time, Day Shift DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Physical Therapist- Full Time, Weekdays & Saturday Morning Shift Bartlett, Illinois
- Registered Nurse, Day Surgery, Part-Time DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs