Resource Coordinator - Lavin CSS, Full-time, NightsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 6821 Job Function Materials Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Resource Coordinator - Sterile Equipment Processing reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Resource Coordinator - Sterile Equipment Processing maintains a National/International Certification in Sterile Processing and Distribution.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision to Sterile Processing Technicians.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aseptic techniques and procedures, sterilization techniques, infection control procedures, workflow principles and regulatory requirements.
- Assigns staff to ensure timely and accurate delivery of OR equipment, supplies and case carts.
- Supports the Feinberg Pavilion and Prentice Women's Hospital, providing supervision to staff who disassemble, decontaminate, assemble, sterilize and store procedure trays, instruments, equipment and supplies according to prescribed procedure and aseptic technique
- Ensure accuracy of case cart distribution to Surgical Services
- Responsible for sterilization, biological processes, and all policies and procedures and adherence of safety and infection control standards.
- National (NICHSPDP) or International (IAHCSMM) Certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five years or more experience in a Sterile Processing Department
- Experience and knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, basic microbiology, and a variety of OR surgical procedures.
- Minimum of one year supervisory or coordinator experience in Sterile Processing or related field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Physical ability to lift, push, pull or move 30lbs.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with adults between the age of 18-75 (i.e. Nursing and support staff).
- Associate Degree.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs