Registered Sleep Technologist, Sleep Disorders Center, FT/NightsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 52142 Job Function Respiratory Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Registered Sleep Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Completes all required paperwork before study is performed, including consent, relevant patient history, questionnaires, etc.
- Clarify unclear or inappropriate orders.
- Complete billing information upon completion of procedure. Independently prepare equipment for monitoring by performing necessary calibrations,selecting filter settings, determining appropriate monitoring montage, and entering required patient information.
- Provide CPAP training by utilizing appropriate patient education materials.
- Prepare patients for study by accurately placing recording devices required for procedure.
- Utilizes International 10-20 system for EEG electrode placement.
- Record study by entering appropriate notations and clinical observations into computer system and on technician worksheet.
- Identify abnormalities such as apneas, PLMs, and other sleep disturbances.
- Seeks assistance to adjust recording technique to best enhance and provide a clearly interpretable record.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to medical problems and physiological events, especially cardiac dysrhythmias, respiratory events and seizures.
- Recognize technically inadequate signals and initiate troubleshooting techniques.
- Obtain additional assistance as needed.
- Appropriately document barriers to resolution.
- Maintain monitoring equipment in clean and organized condition.
- Participate in departmental in-services and continuing education.
- Encourage teamwork through interdepartmental communication and constructive problem resolution.
- Provide training for new Sleep Technicians and student preceptors.
- Score sleep records according to department guidelines.
- Maintain registry in good standing by completing the necessary CEU requirements (10 CEs or equivalent per year) as established by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Provides testing information, reassures and relaxes patients, and prepares patients for their procedure.
- Provides assistance to all patients as needed.
- Requires interaction with patients of all ages (pediatric, adult and geriatric).
- Certification by Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists, RPSGT or Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- BLS CPR certified.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and completion of training program in electroneurodiagnostics.
- Knowledge of the International 10-20 system of electrode placement.
- Familiarity with personal computers.
- At minimum 18 months of prior sleep tech experience.
- Bachelor's degree or additional training in electroneurodiagnostics, anatomy, or successful completion of certification in allied health school.
- Prior sleep experience at a facility accredited by the AASM.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs